last evening when i reached home, it was too hot to stay inside TV lounge, i preferred to put a chair in gallery & see people moving around while taking cool fresh breeze coming from beach side...it was not really romantic but ofcourse relaxing ;) soon after sunset mosquito started bugging me off, and i had to come inside TV lounge, after turning On television i was just surfing channels and went to K2 (Khyber TV channel), i saw Batoor is presenting some live show, i have seen him several times before on television...it is normal to see my class fellows & students coming on television especially Khyber TV, but yesterday out of blue, i decided lets call Batoor :)
i brought my notebook and started calling through my VOIP account, their number was busy, as it was very late in Pakistan, i was expecting to get through easily but it was'nt as i expected...anyhow after almost 30 min continues tries i got connected, they were at that time playing JAL songs, i guess their producer/director received my call and as soon as he came to know i am calling from Africa, he shouted on everybody, "We are going back, Batoor ... Batoor, get ready, we are going back on SOLAR..." i am not sure if SOLAR is some camera angle thingy...anyhow he asked me to wait a second, in few neno seconds i was online with Batoor :D
I started very well, though i was dam exited as it was my ever first call to any TV channel, i just said "Hello Batoor, i am Nayyar Ahmad, from Southern Africa" and BANG....! i lost his voice... i was able to listen him, but he complaint, Nayyar i CAN'T listen you, can you please come up again...and then my call dropped, holy cow, it was first time i came online with any known person on TV Live show, and i lost connection.... though i was lucky as soon as i tried again, i got connected, but same guy who picked my before complaint, Nayyar we can't hear you properly, please call us next time.... i was just able to leave a message for Batoor i.e. "Batoor, its me, Nayyar, your teacher at IMSCIENCES"....tont tont tont...call dropped.
So later when i went to bed, i started thinking, what i really remember about Batoor, lets dump it somewhere or even blog it...so in future if i get chance to speak about him, i will just open this post and read :)
things i can recall about him are:
1. He was in BCS 4 semester when i took over their class.
2. He was mostly wearing round neck t-shirts, and loose jeans.
3. He was mostly speaking in English.
4. He was always late in class, especially i saw him coming late in first period.
5. His father died, when he was my student, and we (his class fellows & me) spoke a while in class when he came from vacations.
6. He was mostly downloading lyrics of English songs, those he was using in his late night FM radio show.
7. Once when i blocked that lyrics site in proxy server, he came to me with Asad(his class fellow) for request to open that site only on that small lab, where they were mostly sitting.
8. He met once me in RMI (Rehman Medical Center), he came to take some lab report of his grand father/mother (i am not sure).
9. He once showed me his hand written one page resume, that he wrote for VJ at Khyber TV, when Khyber TV got famous.
10. i listened him several times on FM radio, where he use to dedicate songs to his teachers and class fellows :)
this is all what i can recall about him.
This is really strange, as we being teachers, when teaching students, we are seeing them as Doctors, Engineers, IT Professionals...etc, but later when they get into some shape they are surprisingly different.